Riffing and role playing with her father on his work challenges, and the product of many mentors – Judy Wairimu has a clear list of five big things managers need to avoid:
1) Over emphasising your own goals – aim to empower others and build their trust instead
2) Have the courage to avoid protecting your own image – ask when you don’t know
3) Don’t turn competitors into enemies – assume positive intent and look for a 3rd dimension to a challenge
4) Include others in your introspection – bring advisors into your context to help you
5) Don’t wait for permission to become a leader.
I have to admit it. I have an enormous brain-crush on Judy Wairimu.
Since Camiel Gielkens kindly introduced us, she’s been and continues to be inspirational.
You can find Judy here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/wairimug/No tags for this post.